Wednesday, August 16, 2006

138. A Human's Anger (Political Victim)

by Tabitha aka Poetic SunShyne - New Orleans, now in S.A.

If it will make you feel better to hear me say that I am fine
Then I'm fine...
but deep down my heart is broken and on certain
days I feel as if I'm losing my mind
We were trapped in a hotel for 4 days
I thought of our deaths a million different ways
You tend to sway in and out of reality when your back
is to the wall
NO water...NO air...And it seemed like NO way out
So your soul decides to free fall
A small light shines and you get to escape
Finding solice in a foreign town
You turn on the television to see those who didn't make it out
and guilt sets in
Some of these people were my kin!
And there was nothing I could do to set them free
You go to playing mind games of...It should not be them, but instead be
me
Well today we are all FREE, and they ask me if I'm ever going back
I have to catch myself, because a part of me wants to attack any and all
who asks me that
THEY WERE LEAVING PEOPLE THERE TO DIE!!!!
And that shyt right there is a concrete fact
Why should I return to a government who gives less that a fuck about me
and my kin?
The color of my people's skin was not of their liking
So that gave them the green light to let lives come to an end
They refer to us as refugees
They may as well have called us slaves
I'm not an advocate of murder, but these political bitches need to be 6
feet under ground
Yep I'm saying it...They need to be dead in their graves
I'm angry...I'm sad
We're alive, but we lost ALL we ever had
Don't get it twisted, we are happy to be alive, but
this shyt here deeply makes us mad
And if I had one wish I'd wish for those who perished to rise
Katrina did her damage, but by political officials WE put in office
is how we became victimized
My name is Sunshyne and I survived Katrina
but was almost killed by my government

Peace


Hellicane category: 4-POLITICAL

No comments: